Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cylus Taylor Möller

On the 26th of July 2014, my grandson Cylus Taylor Möller was born. I held him for the first time that Saturday afternoon - the beginning of a very special bond. Thanks Kenny and Jadi-Leigh for letting me into your precious family circle.

And because no child can ever have too many grannies or too many people loving them or too many quilts, I made a quilt.


The pattern is Country babies by Fat Cat Patterns. Since the name Cylus means Protector of the Forest,  I named it Bush Babies. I'll think of a way to explain to him, when he is a little bit older, how a zebra and a panda landed up in the same bush and how little Red Riding Hood left Mary had a little lamb's lamb in the forest. In the mean time, he can simply enjoy the colourful pictures. Fabulous pattern though. I appliqued using a simple blanket stitch on the Bernina.

No comments:

Post a Comment